Podcast interview with Montana Based, Outdoor Photographer Tony Bynum, how Tony approaches his professional photography career - Conservation Photography, Business of Photography, Outdoors, Wildlife, the Professional Outdoor Media Association.
Podcast with Tony Bynum and Randy Newberg - photogrphy, hunting, conservation, and telling your story about your public lands experiences.
Photography quotes help to remind us of the most important aspects of photography. I'm always trying to distill photography down to as simple a terms as I can. Having rules and remembering small anecdotes and quotes helps me stay focused. There is one quote that stands out to me, more than any other. I"ll share it with anyone that's inclined to ask me about photography. Here's is my favorite photography quote.
"The more you photograph, the more you realize what can be photographed and what can't be photographed. You just have to keep doing it." - Eliot Porter
Here's a list of 10 photography quotes, with author's, that I like. This list includes some quotes about capturing photos, while others are focused at the business of photography.
10. "There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are." - Ernst Haas
9. "It's more important to click with people than to click the shutter." - Alfred Eisenstaedt
8. "If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera." - Lewis Hine
7. "Light glorifies everything. It transforms and ennobles the most commonplace and ordinary subjects. The object is nothing, light is everything." - Leonard Missone
6. "Look and think before opening the shutter. The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yousuf Karsh
5. "Sometimes you can tell a large story with a tiny subject." - Eliot Porter
4. "One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind. To live a visual life is an enormous undertaking, practically unattainable. I have only touched it, just touched it." - Dorothea Lange
3. "A photograph is usually looked at but seldom looked into." - Ansel Adams
2. "Photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place . . . I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them." -Elliot Erwitt
1. "The more you photograph, the more you realize what can be photographed and what can't be photographed. You just have to keep doing it." - Eliot Porter
If you have a quote you like, post it, with the authors name, and tell us why it resonates with you.